SLAVERY & HUMAN TRAFFICKING STATEMENT
Vohkus Limited strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain. We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organisation or in any of our supply chains.
ABOUT THIS STATEMENT
Vohkus has produced this Modern Slavery Statement in line with the requirements of Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 to provide insight into the steps that Vohkus has taken during the fiscal year 2018/19 (1st June 2018 to 31st May 2019) to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not occurring in any part of Vohkus’ business and supply chains.
Vohkus is a value-added reseller of IT related products and services providing a broad range of corporate and public sector organisations with their workplace technology and a variety of support and managed services ranging from print to cloud. When we began in 2001, we primarily traded within the United Kingdom but gradually we have expanded our business and now work with customers and suppliers all around the world.
VOHKUS’ COMMITMENT TO COMBAT MODERN SLAVERY
Modern slavery takes various forms, such as slavery, forced and compulsory labour, servitude, bonded labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. It is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
Vohkus operates a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery. We are not complacent and remain fully and actively committed to implementing and enforcing controls which are aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place in any of our operations and supply chains.
- As our business expands our policies are reviewed regularly to ensure that they fully reflect our commitment to prevent modern slavery by protecting whistle-blowers and highlighting that it is the responsibility of every employee to be vigilant at all times and report any suspicions.
- Vohkus considers its suppliers as important partners with whom Vohkus aims to grow and develop through fair and transparent business. As part of an ongoing initiative, Vohkus works with its suppliers to ensure there are systems in place to ensure we have suitable contractual undertakings from our suppliers as to their compliance with the law in this area.
- In 2018 we introduced a Supplier Code of Conduct and committed to only trade with suppliers who comply with our code.
- Vohkus evaluate the modern slavery and human trafficking risks of each new supplier before accepting its goods or services.
- Vohkus keeps under review potential risk areas in Vohkus’ supply chains.
- We have several planned initiative which we have been working on to be implemented in the next financial year including training to ensure staff remain aware and vigilent in respect of modern slavery.
CONFIRMATION OF THIS STATEMENT
I certify that the information contained in this Statement is true and factual and has been approved by the Board of Directors of Vohkus Limited.
Director CEO Projects